Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Off at Haines

    May 23, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    A 2.30am alarm call to pack the bags and disembark. Fortunately, the guy from Haines Shuttle showed up at the dock for us. He collected a few other stragglers who didn’t have a ride. We paid him with a good tip, this was one of the most difficult things to get sorted and I’m grateful he did it for us.

    After a tour of town, he dropped us at Oceanside campground and we pitched the tent, leaving our luggage scattered around in different places. We got into our sleeping bags and napped for a while.

    Just before 7am I set off walking to the captain choice motel to collect our rental car. Another almost impossible task completed 👍.

    Back at the campground we transferred the scattered luggage to the car and went for a shower. Then back on porridge for breakfast.

    We drove along to the Chilkoot Lake reserve and then headed to to. We got food supplies and went to the campground clubhouse. We charged all the devices, changed some reservations, did some laundry and had lunch.

    We then drove along the Chilkoot river before returning to town. We popped into t book shop and finally found The Milepost 😁

    We went back to the reserve and made a coffee. I read my Milepost and Simon looked at nature.

    Back to the campground to sit in the sun and relax with the mountain scenery.
    Read more