Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 65

    San Francisco to Wawona

    July 1, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Up really early and onto the BART by 7.15am. We travelled through to Oakland international airport and then caught the rental car shuttle. The rental car centre has moved since we were last here and it’s definitely less convenient than before. However, the queue at the desk was just as long as ever and my plan to beat the queue was ruined because Budget had closed the FastBreak area.

    Once we got the car, and crammed all the cases in, we headed for Walmart in Tracy. We took almost 2 hours shopping while Simon waited in the car. The next hurdle was to fit all the shopping in an already full car. Somehow we managed it and got a coffee to help recover from that ordeal.

    Next was the 3 hour drive to Wawona, Yosemite National Park. By the time we reached Oakhurst we were hungry and needed the toilet so after filling up the petrol we nipped into CVS.

    Once we were refueled we continued but found a 30 minute queue to get into the park.

    Once passed the ranger station we headed to Redwoods in Yosemite and got the house keys for 11b Sequoia House.

    We then had to unpack all the things we had bought and fit them into the fridge and sort our own things out too.

    Finally we sat down to dinner before an early night.
    Read more