Satellite
  • Day 6

    Nargakot

    November 7, 2018 in Nepal ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Day 6 & 7

    Two night trip to watch the sun rise over Mt. Everest in the quiet hill town of Nargakot.

    First local bus experience was certainly memorable, intrigued to see if this is the standard we should come to expect going forward - me cradling a locals new born baby in one arm, with a second child asleep on my right shoulder all whilst a lady leant across us to chunder violently out of the moving bus as we climbed the cliff. I'm still grateful she made it to the door and that we had a seat for the ride mind, most didn't!

    Nargarkot was well worth the bus ride however, great comfy bed with sunrise views and the best sunset so far, alone on the roof with a warm mug of ginger tea & 360° mountain peak views, plenty of 7000m + peaks in sight here! Note to us, we need to haggle better and improve our poker face.

    Will remember for a long time the feeling of sheer fear as we leapt half dazed to our feet, fully tangled in our brightly coloured duvets when a large baboon like monkey landed right on our balcony during sunrise. A real shock and I've never seen us run so fast, except maybe from dogs - we seem to run from them a lot lately also, bloody love animals.

    Top stay all in all, now back down that hill. Note it's best to ride on the roof of the bus for amazing views and an unforgettable experience. I wouldn't know of course because it's dangerous but for whoever is reading this.
    Read more