Satellite
  • Day 8

    Boudnahath

    November 9, 2018 in Nepal ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Day 8.

    Today was a monumental one as it was the first Tour by Limby Adventures Ltd, which meant three things; 1. At least half a day off from map navigation for Craig 2. The first time in 8 days Ellie has seen a map and finally 3. That we where bound to get lost / argue / cancel the tour.

    In fact the tour was an overwhelming success in terms of history and sights, less can be said about the ever rotating map, but there is always room for improvement. Result - 4.5 out of 5.

    With Limbster relieved of duty we arrived safely at Boudnahath for the evening - The Biggest Buddhist stupha in Nepal.

    Atmosphere here was totally different to that of Kathmandu - peaceful! We followed the many monks and visitors in walking in a clockwise direction (after some prompting) around the great Stupa, spinning the prayer wheels as we went constantly amazed by the number of prayer flags in sight!

    Spotted a great vegan rooftop restaurant with amazing views over the Stupa and surrounding area so enjoyed a feast as we watched the sunset over the Stupa. As ever we had to find the BEST combination of quality / value food we could.. but I think we nailed it this time!

    Met a lovely Indian Buddhist student on route home who shared a taxi with us, safe to say however he hated 99% of all other Indians which is why we can only assume he has fled the country. Will try not to let this tarnish our excitement just yet.

    Favourite day in Kathmandu so far.
    Read more