Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    Chitwan - Taras Place

    November 30, 2018 in Nepal ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Day 28 - Day 37.

    This was our first Workaway of Nepal and the first one together and what an awesome experience!
    Tara and Anjana where such great hosts and the nicest people. Less so the Kid I have to say but 3 out of 4 is a decent result.

    From Rice harvesting to Potato planting and cement mixing it was certainly one of our highlights so far.

    Was nice to get used to a daily routine of spicy ginger tea at 8.30 as the mist was still settling followed by a 10am lunch - Dhal Bhat every day! (Except crepe days... Sweet Jesus so many crepe days)

    Even managed to get 3 runs in across our time here, hopefully the start of something more consistent...

    Usually relaxing until 1pm then getting stuck into some work out in the sun, rice farming being a favourite for sure and a real learning experience! I think Limbster really bonded with the goats here two, like two peas in a pod I tell you.

    Getting involved with the school was definitely a highlight too, took 3 classes of crazy kids and a lot of scattergries made for a very fun day! Certainly out of my comfort zone too and Ellie very much carried the day, what a natural.

    Best part of the day was always 3 - 5pm, sunset on the roof with limbster, reading, yoga and just taking in the views! Great group too - roughly 10 of us there and met some good friends, shared many a beer / meal and I'm sure we'll see most again in the small backpacking world!

    Sadly it had to come to an end but we left stocked for the bus with our new favourite sweet snack (So so much sugar, but we deserve it after this hard farmwork right) and a new advent calendar album so there's plenty more to come!
    Read more