Satellite
  • Day 16

    Mangaweka

    December 16, 2019 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    For today I planned to drive south. I was lucky to book a quite cheap ticket for the Interislander Ferry on Tuesday afternoon. Most tickets are very expensive, like 330$, but I got one of the last ones for 177$ 🥳🤗
    Even though this means, that I will have quite many hours of driving in front of me today and a little bit more tomorrow it was the best decision. It’s going to be really bad weather everywhere on the North Island today and tomorrow, so what could I do better than drive around to finally come to the South Island.

    I passed again by the Hostel in Auckland, as I ask a family I’ve met last time if I could get them to send the letter to them, what was absolutely no problem at all! So my plan was to just leave a paper with the address there but surprisingly they had my paper there! So I got them instead and don’t need to think about it anymore! Perfect!
    As I was thinking of I could give Auckland one more go, it started raining... So I went straight back to my car to hit the road and get out of Auckland.
    It should not Stopp raining for a couple of hours. In between, it was raining so much that I Stopp beside the road and was waiting for the worst to pass over.
    Extremely bad was it while I was passing the Tongariro National Park.

    As I came closer to my final destination for today the rain got less and less and the sky got a little bit brighter.
    Luckily it was only a couple of small shower during the evening.
    I spent the night in Mangaweka a small town closed to Palmerston North.
    It took me a total of 6 hours from Auckland to come here due to the weather conditions mostly.
    Read more