Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 90

    Coral Bay

    February 28, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Today we went to Coral Bay.
    We left Quobba Station around 9.15 am by around 28 degrees. So it's almost cold today 😉😂
    It's still pretty windy but around 4-5 am it got at least better. So it's not so bad anymore.

    We only stopped to fuel up on the way. Nothing more to do or see on the way to Coral Bay as here is simply nothing!
    The vegetation is changing a little bit, but not too much. Just sometimes a bit more bushes and ”grass” and sometimes less.
    We saw some wild goats beside the road but otherwise no other wildlife.
    Around 12.30 pm we arrived in Coral Bay and went straight to the beach for our lunch break!
    It's really beautiful here, but in the town is not so much more than a huge caravan park 🙈😂

    After lunch, we went to get sine ice cream and with it some wifi to check out snorkel tours here in Coral Bay and Exmouth.
    We decided for a nice full-day tour in Exmouth and was thinking to do a have day tour here tomorrow morning.

    First, we booked the tour in Exmouth and then we walked around from office to office to find a half-day tour for tomorrow what was impossible. It's still off-season and they don't operate so many tours jet. So we are not going to do a tour here.
    After that we meat with a couple from Canada whom I am going to pick up on my way back to Perth here. Kara is flying already on 06.03. we decided together that it's better, she is flying from Exmouth to Perth on the 05.03. so we can travel up calm and easy and I gonna drive back down then within 2-3 days.
    And with Facebook's help, I found this couple to talk with down and can share the fuel costs with them.
    And I must say, we were coming along really good. We were sitting for around one hour talking about life, traveling and all. So I have a really good feeling about them and Kara as well!

    After that, it was time for us to go and snorkel.
    And we saw sooooo many different fishes!! 😍
    We must have been out for like an hour or even longer. It was really cool! Pictures come in an extra footprint.

    Afterward, we went to the campground. First, we showered, then we were building up our tents and a last it was time to cook dinner.

    After that, we watched a movie together in my tent before we got too tired again.
    Read more