Satellite
  • Day 229

    Almerimar marina our home for the winter

    November 30, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    Sorry I have been so slack, after four nights as the only boat in Adra Marina we moved along the coast in beautiful sunshine and no wind to Almerimar. This is where the boat will stay now till we continue our travels in March of 2018. The marina is large and we have already joined the local live aboard community joining in coffee mornings, quizzes and walks. As we arrived here almost 2 weeks ahead of schedule we have managed to get a fair amount of external, above the waterline work done, on a steel boat this has meant a lot of sanding most manually but we have now treated the ex-rust and are painting and varnishing. Communications will be a lot less frequent now as not much happening. Well i say that but our social schedule is already filling up I think we might be busier here than we ever were at home in Guernsey and as much as I have enjoyed chatting to john over the last 7 months it is nice to have other people to talk to.
    After a lovely first week of sunshine we have just had 2days of rain !! I mean really we're in the south of Spain for goodness sake. But due to be sunny and warmer, around 18 degrees again tomorrow, but at least the poor weather today meant I could go shopping without feeling guilty about the jobs I should have been doing ;-) back to the grindstone tomorrow.
    Condor have sent the reminder that we are sailing in 3weeks, fab can't wait.
    Will add some photos soon.
    Read more