Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 605

    Lefkas Marina All settled

    December 11, 2018 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    Well we have now put some more fuel on board, we were going to fill up but diesel was 1.689 a litre so only put in enough to avoid condensation in the tank. We had seen at the fuel pumps at a garage just out of town on the way to the supermarket that diesel is 1.48 at the pumps! We shouldn’t have been surprised, like the Marinero said,who helped us moor, the only thing you can do for free in this marina is pee!!
    Well we found a laundry after wandering round town for a bit with a couple of full bags, problem was the one we went to couldn’t do the wash till Friday and we were both a bit too short of underwear to wait that long. We are now on our winter berth G10 luckily it’s nice and close to a toilet and shower block and seems like it will be well sheltered.
    We have made contact with the stalwarts of the Marina live aboard, or used to, community. We are booked on a Christmas Lunch at Vliho Yacht Club, that’s near Nidri to the south but there is a minibus to collect and return us and they are able to cater for John. He is a very happy bunny 🐰 as today, following directions from the marina cafe staff we found a bakery that cooks gluten free bread daily for only €1.30 a loaf. Through the ‘friends of Lefkas Marina’ Facebook page we have also found a baker prepared to try to make John a GF meat pie! Not sure if she has any idea how difficult GF pastry can be!
    We are going to the quiz night on Wednesday, and there is a happy hour in the Marina cafe/bar on Thursday when we should be able to meet more people. Today I went to knit and natter so have learnt a new knitting skill I can now ‘make one’ ( for those not in the know that means adding in a stitch). There is a walking group that meet on a Sunday morning as well as bridge and ballroom dancing, we have decided to give the last two a miss for now.
    Our Christmas lights are up, this year we have some internal and some external, it’s raining right now so photos to follow. We have also received some Christmas presents, thank you Pampers! The town’s Christmas lights are also good and I hope we have a dry evening when I can take some photos.
    The gym, which is 159m from mooring is basic but has everything I need and the classes seem good did a Pilates with the ring class today and am expecting to ache a little tomorrow but still booked in for Pilates on the Swiss ball.
    We haven’t done any of the maintenance jobs yet but have visited lots of chandlery shops to price up kit and supplies so are running it of excuses now, maybe tomorrow if it’s not raining.
    Well all the best feel free to email us about your Christmas plans etc or just to confirm that someone is reading this.
    Read more