Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 104

    Rome and our summer work

    July 6, 2019 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    We traveled from Ponza back to the mainland near Circeo and anchored up we are lucky the weather has been so calm allowing us to anchor as marinas in Italy this time of year would be over €100 a night. Next day we cruised along the coast with some pretty coastline to Anzio and anchored again, dinghy ride to shore for food but think John had a bit of sunstroke as felt really rough, he’s OK again now. While in Anzio we saw what we thought was a microlight and it was but it was fitted to a dinghy, sadly the photo isn’t very clear. From Anzio we continued north towards Rome and Take Fives home for the next two months while we head back to sunny but hopefully cooler Guernsey to do some work and earn some money, well I will be anyway. The marina is oK but the mosquitoes and biting flies are evil little bu**ers.
    Oh yes forgot to say when we used dinghy at Anzio I thought it smelt a bit so we decided to give it a full clean and then pack it up while we were away good job we did, when we lifted the inflatable floor there were three dead 4inch sardines umm lovely. Did my best to get rid of smell but we decided not to store dinghy inside during our absence!!
    See you all soon from Tuesday eve I will be available on my old Guernsey phone number let me know if you want to meet up.
    Read more