Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 216

    Campomoro

    October 26, 2019 in France ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Another lumpy cold trip this time round the south west corner of Corsica, fortunately the sun came out as we arrived and we were able to find a lovely sheltered anchorage out of the swell which on the way was coming from all directions. Even managed a quick dip, before I went in John caught a jellyfish and we checked that it didn’t sting. Umm we must have picked a dud as not long after I got in, wearing rash vest as still not convinced, I got stung on both wrists and one ankle. Not badly it was a bit like a bad nettle sting giving red welts and stinging for about 30 mins, next day could still see it but no pain. Today we went for a walk we were just going to go up to the Genovaise tower on the headland but we were on our way and noticed it wouldn’t be open till 10 so walked around the headland first, going for a quick skinny dip, I even got John in. Then up to the tower, the views were stunning across and into the inlet. We then walked back south along the coast seeing some incredible rick formations before cutting inland, up and along the ridge and back to Campmoro where we were lucky to get the last unreserved table at Chez Pierre Paul where we had an absolutely delicious meal, a bit pricey but would definitely recommend it.
    Tomorrow the plan is to head towards Ajaccio as we hope to take the train inland to Corte, in the middle of the island.
    Read more