Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 224

    Monaco

    November 3, 2019 in Monaco ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    John has never been and I only visited for a few hours so we decided to visit Monaco 🇲🇨 and add another country to our blog. We almost didn’t get there as initially we were waiting for the bus, where we had seen it stop yesterday, when a kind local advised that there was diversion in place and buses weren’t going this way. OK no problem we will get the train, ticket office closed, machine only takes cards and coins, just not my card. We got to supermarket with 5 mins to spare and they gave us change, we bought the tickets and there was the train, a double decker.
    Monaco was very clean, very expensive and a real mix of buildings the beautiful older ones and lots of high-rise flats but interesting non the less. The boats in the main Marina were huge. The Cathedral was impressive white stone was used for the elaborate exterior but internally it was grey and more utilitarian. I can’t believe the interior of the Casino the nasty neon slot machines against the beautiful mouldings. We might have had a flutter but neither of know how to use the slots now that there are all the extra buttons.
    Read more