Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 321

    Short update

    February 8, 2020 in France ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Things are still progressing well with the various projects. John’s oil filters have arrived so he can finish the generator service but we are still waiting to receive the Perspex so he can repair the windscreen.
    I have finished my socks and started on John’s, the cross stitch crab is progressing well. Still haven’t started a project for the variegated blue wool but lots of time for that.
    We have made a few more wombling trips to the beach and actually walked right along the beach to the River mouth. There is so much timber there as well as obviously a lot of beached detritus, mostly plastic with a scary number of flip flops.
    Next week on Wednesday the main mast comes off! To do this we have to motor round to Port Napoleon where DMS will be removing and storing the mast until the transporters pick it up. We have already lubed all the bottle screws, the only unknown is the bolt through the tabernacle, this twists but at the moment we think the mast weight and Stays pressure prevent us removing it. This feels like real progress so now we need to sort out where the mast will go too in Northern France to wait for us. We are thinking either Rouen or Honfleur. We are also going to buy our canal cruising permit so we can benefit for the early purchase discount.
    Read more