Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 335

    Late afternoon stroll

    February 22, 2020 in France ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    After a busy day, well not really who am I kidding, we decided to go for a walk upriver along the Rhône but off the main walking/cycling trail. The scenery was lovely but it was missing the spring flowers that you see in Guernsey. All we found were a few daisies and the May blossom, no bulbs of any description. It was still very pretty and peaceful and the sunshine was magnificent. Each day we are managing to do a bit of boat work, at the moment we are redoing the sikaflex seals between the saloon and the decks as they were getting a bit rusty and we really don’t want that spreading and weakening the top side of the decks.
    Well there is now only a week to go till we leave Port Saint Louis. We won’t be starting the canals straight away but soon 🤞. Yesterday and today have been sunny days and with a lot less wind than predicted.
    We have met another Brit he has bought his boat here for the new owners to collect so won’t be here long but a really interesting guy. About my age I think but has been on boats since he left home at 16 and sailed his 25foot yacht to Portugal. He has all the tickets and now captains all sorts of super yachts both as crew and to relocate. He had some great stories to tell of his adventures over the years. He lived in Majorca for a while and worked with Street Angels the charity that helps drunken Brits get safely back to their hotels I think they are based in Magaluf. We also said goodbye to Nicholas our French Normandy friend as we met him on our way back to townafter going to the Chandlers to buy more paint (ours had ‘gone off’) and his plans keep changing so we might not see him again.
    Read more