Satellite
  • Day 434

    Bouzigues and Sete

    May 31, 2020 in France ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Frontignan was OK but a bit dreary so we set off the next morning planning on going to the Bassin de Midi in Sète. The journey wasn’t long but we missed the morning bridge lifting and the next one wasn’t until 19:15 so we headed north on the Etang du Thau and crossed to Bouzigues the harbour wasn’t very big but there was a UK registered boat on the visitors quay and he said he would move as was only there getting ready to sail. We thanked him and after waiting eased ourselves carefully in, the space was only a little bigger than we were. Bouzigues was small and pretty obviously it would usually have been full of tourists but we were able to wander around and buy an ice cream so we were happy.
    Next day after following Alex’s live HIIT class we decided to head back towards Sète but this time we would just anchor off and use the dinghy to take in the sights from the river. Well best laid plans and all that, we inflated the dinghy but the outboard wouldn’t start so new plan row ashore and walk around town instead. It was lovely walking along the river/canal towards the sea, then up around the headland to the lighthouse and then up to St Clare’s Mount and the chapel of our lady of Salette and wonderful views, we could even see Take Five. Back down for another ice cream before returning to the boat. This will probably be our last time at anchor until we reach North coast of France.
    Read more