Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 526

    Guernsey the end of this journey

    August 31, 2020 in Guernsey ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    We’ve made it home, I’m glad we delayed as this meant we had wonderful conditions for the journey. The only chop was on Cap de la Hague headland where the two tidal flows split. Our maximum speed through the Race was 11.2 knots and the trip took a total of 6.5 hours. At one point we could see all five Channel Islands Alderney, Jersey, Guernsey, Sark and Herm, I almost got emotional.
    Our arrival was not without a little hassle but things were resolved we were able to temporarily put the boat in Victoria Marina to unload directly into John’s mums car. Then we had to tie it to Swan3, one of the waiting pontoons. On our release on the 14th we plan to do the same to remove the remainder of our gear this time using my Dads van as well so we can offload in one trip. Then we will take one last trip before we get it lifted out for the winter season pending, fingers crossed, getting a local mooring.
    Our house is in incredible condition the only sign that it has been lived in are the slightly sagging sofas. Our tenants have been marvelous even though they were going through an horrendous time.
    We have unpacked all our stored detritus and either found places for it or put it in a box for charity. John is revamping his shed and I am doing some paperwork that’s long overdue as well as updating my CV. The first week of confinement has flown by, the next may start to drag though, we can’t wait to meet everyone properly.
    There is only likely to be one more post, when we lift Take Five and put her too bed.
    Keep safe everyone.
    Read more