Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Canyoneering and Climbing

    May 21, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Today was slated for a full day of climbing and cayoneering with Zion Adventure Company. We drove a few miles outside of the park since there are no guided trips permitted inside ZNP.

    We started the day with climbing. Our guide was a typical dirtbag, traveling from place to place making just enough money to move on to his next destination. The climbs he chose for us were challenging but fun.

    We did three climbs - one 5.9 and two 5.10s. This was my kind of climbing. The last climb we did was my favorite of the trip. You started about 20 feet off the ground and basically stepped off the ledge to get onto the wall. I came so close to getting it clean and was sad that there wasn’t enough time to try again.

    It was time for the second half of our day of adventure. Zion is well know for its cayoneering so we had to try it while we were here. It wasn’t nearly as exhilarating as climbing but still fun. We rappelled into slot canyons and climbed over boulders. It might have been more fun if we were in a different area but we still enjoyed the experience!
    Read more