Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Municipal market

    June 23, 2017 in Brazil ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    When you are in Sao Paulo...the Municipal market is a must! It is a traditional gourmet point of the city. We went there for lunch to get a mortadella sandwich, which is on the second picture. Just coming inside the building I was overwhelmed by all the different stands, especially with fruits. The sellers stop you and give you to try some with expectations that you buy something in return. I tried some kinds of fruit that I have never heard of before. Of course a brigadeiro for a sweet tooth like me could not be missed as well. Brigadeioro is a common brazilian delicacy from condensed milk, cocoa powder, butter and chocolate sprinkles to cover the outside layer, also on the second picture.

    In the afternoon, we wanted to go up Banespa skyscaper, Brazil's version of The Empire State Building for one of the best panoramas of the city. Unfortunately, it is under reconstruction at the moment. So we came up with a plan B and went on a tour through a city hall, which was probably really interesting, unfortunately just in portuguese. However, the tour ended on a beautiful rooftop with a tropical garden and views of the city. So it was really worth it.
    Read more