Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6–9

    Friday 12th, Saturday 13th , Sunday 14t

    April 12 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    Left Steaky Bay at 6.15 am to do the 584 km in good time to Kadina to see friends.The drive was really lovely as the Flinders Ranges made a great backdrop. Goats along the way & unfortunately wind turbines to blight the escarpment.
    Got to Rod & Cynthias ( we ride with Rod in Broome, and he asked us to call in when he knew we were doing this trip )
    We had a cup of tea with them & chatted until it was time to see Marie & Allen Gribble at the Kadina Caravan Park. ( Marie played tennis with us 7 years ago when they were travelling the country. )
    We had a lovely meal with them & some friends of theirs. Then early night & back to the van at R & C's place.
    After breakfast, Rod took us to a friends house to show us his Men's Shed! OMG!!! The photos don't do it justice. He has won the Best Men's Shed in Australia & everything in it he's mostly made. The motorcycles don't go, but if you look closely, you'll see they're made from lawn mower cylinders, saucepans & all sorts. Amazing! You can't possibly see everything in one visit.
    Next, it was on to Wallaroo, Pt Hughes, Moonta & back to Kadina for a tour of the town. Rod was the ultimate tour guide, and we were very grateful. Home to watch two games of footy and a wonderful roast dinner. Beautiful people & we will see them again in Broome.
    Slept well on Saturday night and left Kadina for Kapunda 150kms away.
    Arrived at Jason's on Sunday morning for coffee.
    Had a wonderful first night with all the family, drinking champers, and eating oysters and homemade meat pies. Of course, the highlight was to hear Will ( grandson ) & his girlfriend Ava singing. I have posted a video of them, but it's not good quality. I'll have to post it tomorrow!
    Well, that's all folks! I won't post too much while in Adelaide. Hopefully, you are all well. The weather here is beautiful 😍
    Read more