Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 23–27

    Thursday 25th - Sunday 28th

    29. huhtikuuta, Australia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Great start to my Monday morning with a Pilates class at 6.30 am. with Becc in her home studio.
    Last Thursday, we had an early start with the Anzac Day ceremony here in Kapunda at the memorial in the main street. Probably 200 people. A moving ceremony as always.
    Later in the day, Jase took us for a drive through all the Barossa townships. Such a beautiful, stunning time to visit this area, with all the autumn colours and the green of the vines. We had a tasting table booked at the Henschke winery, which is in the town of Keyneton ( still the Barossa Valley ). It was quite the experience. The building is quite new and modern, but of course, the original winery started in 1860.
    You pay $10, $20, or $40 to taste all their award winning wines, and we must have tried about 6 or 7. The hostess was with us all the time, and her knowledge was incredible. Explaining each wine we tasted and all about the history of the winery. I would recommend this to anyone visiting. Of course, we bought a couple of our favourites, and the tasting price was redeemable. There is a photo of Becc in the tasting room where one can make a group booking.
    Friday morning was spent catching up with friends, and then we drove on to the city. John and I left the family to shop, and we went for a walk to the River Torrens and noticed a few new buildings, and saw the Adelaide Oval with a pedestrian bridge connecting it over the river.
    Took Bonnie to the movies on Saturday and on Sunday we saw her play footy, and after that we wandered around Kapunda, taking a video of Gundry Hill with its view over the township, and then wandered over to the old mine sites.
    That's all folks for now until the next report and our departure on Thursday.
    Lue lisää