Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 2

    Summary of train ride, Åsa to Pistoia

    8 april, Sverige ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    I started out from Åsa Station at 18:09, and arrived in Pistoia at 22:44 the day after, as planned.

    All segments worked really well, there were a few delays, but nothing big. The longest delay was Hamburg-München where somewhere halfway were held up by the train in front of us who had problems, not us.

    The DB train was nice, clean fairly spacious in 1 class, absolutely no GPS reception except for the space between the cars. I know this does not affect a lot of people, but for me it is a big thing since I want to track where I am going (and especially where the railway is going...).

    ÖBB RailJet was really nice, made for working with enough space for laptop and mobile, and with several charging outlets (4, of which only two were working).

    Both of them has service at the seat in 1st class, which is nice so you don't have to leave your belongings just to get a cup of coffee. On the Swedish SJ trains, coffee, tea and fruit is free in 1st class, just saying.

    Local train from Bologna was...well, it was like the commuter trains usually are - made for easy transport of lots of people and easy to clean. Not good or bad, just not a place made for working (which was not expected either).
    Läs mer