Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Day 16

    August 20, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Up 4am. Andy out 5am for San Diego 'Finest City' half marathon. V and friends also doing it.

    I met Paul 6.30 and we walked to finish - took about an hour.

    Cloudy but warm.

    V finished just over 2 hours and Andy PW.

    Walked back to hotel - seemed to take forever! Sunny and warm now.

    Hour to regroup then met 11.30. Had a beer & chicken sandwich/burger then out to Coronado island. Very gentile seaside town. Coronado hotel right beside the sea built 1878 - very grand and atmospheric.
    Had icecream/coffee and sat around for a while.

    Drove back across fabulous Coronado bridge - 2 miles long.

    Back for rest and pack 3.30.

    Met 5.30 - P & V took us to La Jolla. Very pleasant seaside town. Dinner at George's. Had calamares/octopus and tacos/grilled chicken. All quite nice but not spectacular. Service v quick. Waiter 'Hope you're having a good day. How can I make it better'. Yuk. V had glass wine and got chopsy - teasing waiters.

    Then walk down to ocean. Hundreds of sea lions playing in the sea and on the beach.

    Back to hotel and couple drinks in the bar. V had another glass of wine and gave us her political views!

    Bed 10.30.
    Read more