Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Milano motorway madness

    June 27, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Another travel day! After all the exploring in north eastern Andalucia, it was naturally time to make our way towards Switzerland 🇨🇭!

    Had a pretty casual morning with another training run and packing the luggage. Our host dropped us off at the Malaga airport for our flight to the regional airport outside Milan, in Bergamo.

    Of course the airport is a way out, so we took the shuttle bus into Milan.

    As our luck would have it, A's luggage was missing upon arrival!? It's a bus, and we put them into the hold ourselves! Amazingly a good semeritan, Palo, found it on the motorway and contacted us on WhatsApp at the same time we were scratching our heads 😵‍💫. Apparently that side hatch wasn't secured properly. The driver did pull over at one point but we thought it was a regular stop. Another rider mentioned they saw our bag on the side of the road. Why, oh why didn't our driver pick it up or announce anything? 😭 An hour and a half, and an extra kilometre of speed walking to meet Palo later we had our bag. Surprisingly the Osprey roller duffle wasn't damaged!

    We checked into our hotel very sweaty on thus 28C day. A cold birra helped! 🍻

    Off for a nice simple dinner nearby turned into another adventure 😮‍💨. The restaurant was busy and the food look great, but the servers didn't deliver, even when we tried to get their attention. Over an hour later we were satisfied enough with our Aperol Spritz and appy pizza that we cut our losses and moved on. The pizza place across from our hotel was enjoyable and quick! It was time to rest before the train to Zermatt, Switzerland the next day.
    Read more