Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    Exploring Innsbruck

    July 6, 2023 in Austria ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    Woke up to a gorgeous, fresh, sunny morning. We were surprised as the forecast wasn’t looking promising. The mountain summits were all cloaked in cloud… so there went the idea of taking the gondola up to look at the valleys beyond.

    A quick coffee at home, and we headed out to explore. First stop was the SPAR grocery where we picked up some delicious pastries for breakfast, and snacks for later. A found a motorcycle store just a few blocks away, and thought it prudent to buy rain pants to cover his vented motorcycles pants, considering all the rain we just had. Luckily they had a 15% off store wide sale, and J bought some waterproof gloves too. Not so lucky finding a wonderful pair of boots. Hope the vented boots that were packed do the trick. 🤞

    A also noticed there were bike share/rental stations around town, and they were associated with the app we signed up with in Ibiza. So we grabbed a couple bikes to explore Innsbruck. The trail system for pedestrians and cyclists is pretty extensive and impressive!

    Arriving back in the old district, Innenstadt, found our way to Maria-Theresien-Strabe, a wide pedestrian area where we found a quick late lunch. The hot kebap donair sandwiches hit the spot. As we started making our way back, a subtle shift in the atmosphere was occurring, and the sky began to look menacing. A few heavy drops had everyone scurrying for cover. We waited out the downpour with a perfectly placed bubble tea store.

    Ended our day in Innsbruck with a scrumptious meal at a less traditional fare restaurant. We were going to do a cafeteria at a fancy grocery store that reminded us of Whole Foods, but they only served lunch. So we found Glorious Bastards for burger and salad, with local brews too.
    Read more