Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 57

    Pride Hub

    August 3, 2023 in the Netherlands ⋅ 🌧 19 °C

    We arrived mid afternoon on the 2nd. As with the previous few days, the weather was all over the place: sun, wind, cloud, more rain, repeat. Once settled into our room at The Social Hub (Pride Hub for the week) we went downstairs to the lounge to enjoy a beer and DJ performance. It didn't take long to get loud and crowded when the rain moved everyone in from the patio.

    We ended up changing our room this morning as the mattress was worn out 😑. Once resettled, went out to look for pride items to wear on the weekend. A found a costume and party shop full of fun items. We got a sequin pride hat and suspenders, and a couple festive flower slingers to add to J's white beach hat.

    Our walk took us along the Ringvaart canal, that connects to the Amstel. The Oostpoort shopping area was quite neat, with its mix of old factory buildings and newer shops. Like Zandervoort, all the shops and buildings were displaying rainbow flags. We popped into a few of the shops. On the way home we did grab a few grocery items, and a late afternoon snack.

    Spent the rest of the afternoon at the hotel planning and relaxing. A still wasn't feeling 100% from the earlier ailment.
    Read more