Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 119

    Tisno

    October 4, 2023 in Croatia ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    In our self catering kitchen, A graciously made coffee and J made oatmeal for the crew; a simple and delicious breakfast to start the day! Sunflower buns, prosciutto and emmental cheese too. By nine we were navagating a fun circular route around a couple of lagoons and a deep river gulley that eventually took us back up the mountain side we rode down the previous afternoon. It was fairly windy, so it added a bit more challenge navigating the open corners. Before reaching the summit, we turn off and headed down a tight narrow and windy road. At the bottom we crossed a creek fed by more cascading pools near the old orthodox Krupa monastery; a Serbian monastery established in 1642.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krupa_monastery

    We circled back and headed south and west through various valleys. We did skip a suggested road that was gravel. Once back near the coast we rode along the flats near a large lake, Vranso Jezero. Making a quick stop for fuel and snacks, then in to the quaint seaside town of Tisno.

    We were on the top floor of Tisno Heritage Hotel. Built in 1898 it has been very well maintained and the friendliest staff work there. Once checked in we enjoyed the entire pool area to ourselves: only half of the nine rooms were filled during this offseason evening. The pool was very refreshing, but felt cooler than the indicated 22C.

    We decided to explore the town, enjoying the warm evening along the harbour promenade. A chose a pizzeria for dinner, sharing a large Greek salad and a couple of pizzas. The service was top notch and the meal delicious. We enjoyed a gelato cone on the walk home to the hotel. Orange scoop and something else fruity we cannot remember 😜
    Read more