Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 124

    Le Havre, France

    October 9, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Another fairly early morning port arrival. We took things easy and let the 🐢🐢turtle stampede follow its course; many shore excursion tours were offered. It was close to noon before our trio prepared to leave the ship. Picked up a couple of cold drinks on our way out to explore and enjoy the sunny day. As we were very close to the terminal building no shuttle bus was necessary. We walked along the port access road 'till we met up with the main walking promenade along the docks.

    We noticed a closed fish market across the road, and didn't think much of it until we could smell the dumpster where they tossed the scallop shells 🐚. The shells and flesh baked in the sun leaving an overwhelming odor 🤢

    We did not have a destination in mind, so meandered a few streets. Eventually, we popped out by the harbour and then along the boardwalk by the pebble beach. Starting our circular route back to the ship, passed through the centre of town. The park was still in full bloom, and the central water feature and Boulevard walk was very picturesque. We even passed near the war monument.

    Once back on the ship, had a late lunch, then A&D took off to attend the origami class to fold turkeys, J went to the aft outdoor pool. It was Canadian Thanksgiving, the ship thoughtfully put out a spread of turkey and tradional side dishes. It was very delicious.

    We ended a perfect day watching the sunset from the observation deck at the bow of the boat, and relaxing in the Crow's Nest lounge afterwords.
    Read more