Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 125

    Weymouth, UK

    October 10, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Strangely enough, we lost an hour as we made our way to Portland island, the port near Weymouth. Upon emerging from our interior cabin, we found that it was a grey day. Feeling energetic workout clothing was donned, but first to the Crow's Nest on forward deck 12 for coffee. Fuelled with caffeine, down to the fitness for a workout. Decided to try the other type of elliptical this morning; the first ones we tried had additional articulations that felt uncomfortable.

    The three of us left the boat and took advantage of the complimentary bus to Weymouth for an exploration of the seaside town. The Causeway linking Portland to Weymouth was essentially a gravel dune with a short bridge. Chisel Beach is along this area. As the bus weaved its way to the town centre we began to realize Weymouth was much larger than we had expected.

    We were dropped off in an area called "Brewers Quay" and followed the narrow streets to the waterfront walk, and then eventually to High Street. We stopped in to a couple stores, before carrying on to loop back along the beach. We encountered a troupe of performers all dressed up to advertise thier evening's production at the near by Pavillion Theatre.

    We were back on the boat by 3pm, where A&D scooted off to an origami class followed by trivia. After dinner in the dining hall A&J went to see the late performance of Cantaré, a men's signing quartet. They performed a range of songs through the decades, including the Folgers coffee advertising song ☕😅
    Read more