Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 91

    Koh Rok Islands (Phinisi, day 3)

    February 13 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Due to large waves from the south, and strong winds from the north, the captain decided to shelter in a bay at the southeastern end of the island. The plan was to motor down to Koh Lipe near the Malaysian boarder, approximately 5 hours away. However, the weather wasn't cooperating, so we stayed for a morning dive at Koh Rok Nok Seafan gardens again. This time the current was mild so we're able to enjoy a leasurely pace through the area, bustling with activity of all the fish and other creatures.

    While we had breakfast and relaxed, the captain motored back to the Koh Haa Islands, as Koh Lipe was now off the schedule. We descended into the depths along Island One. It had the feeling of being in a fish tank as the area was absolutely teaming with all storts of life. We glided throug craggy canyons and archways, where the current was fairly swift, and out along a steep wall.

    Back to the ship for lunch and a rest before the mid-afternoon and evening dives dives.

    Once diner was finished, the captain moved the vessel north again, this time towards the Koh Phi Phi Islands, roughly 3 hours away. Anchored near the west side of Koh Phi Phi Lee, just north of Maya Beach where the movie "The Beach" was filmed.
    Read more