Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Last day in Osaka!

    September 28, 2023 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Our final afternoon in Osaka was spent shopping around Ebisu-Bashi Bridge and Dotonburi. I snagged a couple cheeky purchases - a fancy Lego set of the famous Japanese "wave", and I bought a Nintendo Switch!

    I had sold mine earlier in the year because I didn't use it much and wanted a bit of extra cash... but now, after visiting Super Nintendo World and riding the rides, I want to play the Super Mario games again.

    So I purchased a console, two games, a case, thumb sticks, and a screen protector, all for about $560. In NZ, the console itself is priced at $620. So waaaaaay cheaper to buy here. I wasn't going to at first until Frankie pointed out what a bargain it was.

    Then we went home to pack. We only have 25kg allowed in our suitcases each and we have done so much shopping that we were way over that. We had to cut some of our unnecessary stuff to make the weight limit. Extra baggage is $170 for an additional 5kg so we definitely don't want to have to pay for that! Our bags are currently sitting around 24kg each to allow for scales inconsistencies, then we have shoved all our snacks and lollies into our carry-on luggage. If we are overweight and need to dump any kgs, we can easily dump some snacks and lollies at the airport.

    Once the bags were packed, we went off to dinner for our last night in Osaka. Ramen and fried chicken to round off our Japanese leg of the trip - no better way.

    Off to Phuket tomorrow. Hope the weather's good!
    Read more