Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 14

    Arrived in Phuket

    29. september 2023, Singapore ⋅ ☁️ 30 °C

    It was a rushed morning leaving Osaka, but overall pretty smooth! We got to the airport via uber and train, and had plenty of time to do our check-ins at the airport. Kansai International airport is so big that we had to catch a monorail from the main terminal to our departure terminal!

    The total travel time was 11 hours with a 2 hour stop at Singapore airport. I started to feel unwell with a runny nose and headache on the flight which wasn't fun! But picked up some meds at Singapore airport which helped a little. Singapore airport was nice! Also a huge airport but luckily our arrival and departure terminal was the same.

    When we arrived at Phuket Airport, we went through customs and immigration really quick. Just had to scan out passports and fingerprints then straight through. We thought we were special because we had a taxi waiting for us and a lady standing with our names on a board. But when we walked outside the airport, there was literally 100 other people with names on boards. Must be a common thing here!

    We also got our Thailand SIM cards here. 500 THB which is $25 for 25GB data at 5G speeds, then unlimited 4G thereafter. That would cost over $100 in NZ!!

    A 45-min trip over to the wharf and a 15-min boat ride to our island later, we had arrived at our accommodation. The staff are really friendly and welcoming. The pier was lit up with beautiful lights at night. Our room had flowers and towels in the shape of swans on the bed. It was lovely to come to this after a long day travelling. I think this is going to be a great week in Phuket!
    Læs mere