Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Snow village

    February 2, 2017 in Finland ⋅ ☁️ -8 °C

    We stayed at the snow village. We explored the reindeer farm nearby and learned more about how they breed reindeers. The snow village offers free shuttle to reindeer farm so remember to ask them!
    They start your experience with a tour of the snow village where they show you the various suites . Each suite has its own design and artwork and its stunning to see the entire structure made with snow and some basic metal framework . At night we made reservations at the ice hotel . This is highly recommended . You can have a drink at the ice bar and they made special 4 course vegetarian meal for me(my husband preferred having local fish and cuisine) . After a highly satisfying meal they prep you at around 9pm for your stay in your suits . The temperature is around 0 degrees Celsius to -7 degrees Celsius - so listen carefully to their instructions . We were asked to keep our thermals and change in the heated lobby area (which had hot drinks, showers and toilets- an old couple decided to stay out here :p) and then we were given warm sleeping bags to sleep in . After a good night sleep they wake you up with a warm bedside drink at the desired time . We also got certificate for a successful stay in snow village- a must try experience at least once in your life!
    Read more