Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Luang Prabang

    April 22 in Laos ⋅ ☀️ 39 °C

    Laos? Did somebody hear about this country? I just a bit but it's soooo nice country. The diffrent between Vietnam and Laos its already visible at the airport in Luang Prabang. The people, sellers here, they are not so annoying with the selling you some china shits. All people here in Laos are somehow more chilled. Also the backpackers. I stayed first night in a one hostel in the city center. There I met David. The czech guy. And we imediatelly got a friend each other. I haven't seen a lot from the city but already the next day we rent the motorbike and drove around 150km to north part of Laos to visit a small local village Nong Khiaw, which is a famous backpackers spot with spectacular nature and surronding around. On the way we saw the elephans. Just so walking in the nature. Not in zoo or behind the a fence. For me really an big experience. To touch them or just to watch. Yeah, we also swam in the Mekong river. The temperature was really pleasant with the air around hitting 40 degrees.

    We stayed in Nong Khiaw for 2 nights. Went to the jungle, explore fauna und flora, saw the waterfalls, drank a lot of Laobeers (which have actually bottle 680ml instead of 500ml) and really enjoyed our time there. Afterthat we drove back to Luang Prabang, which was before the capital of Laos. There is a lot of temple or colonist architectural to see. Nice place! No skycrapers!

    I like Laos. The people are more chilled, the nature is more authentic, you can see also a lot animal around. Also on the roads, the traffic is not so crazy like in Vietnam. No klaxon, unbeliveable. But there is not so much asphalt roads. Indeed just one or two, throught the hole country, where all traffic needs to drive. But I was shocked, when I have seen a Laos raiIways. We drove 200km in one and half hour with a train, that was really much similar to Schinkanzen in Japan and more or less 70% of the way was built in the tunnels. What? Here in Laos they have the fast-speed trains und modern train station around?! The answer on this is China. They invested a lot in Laos! Who knows, if its good or not. But the railways were awesome.

    I was glad, I could drive with somebody. It had like another level, if you are not alone. So from Luang Prabang our next station will be Vang Vieng. A small city in the middle of Laos, where is a lot od outdoor activities to do. And I hope, that I will finally climb there.
    Read more