Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    Valencia

    June 15, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    I seem to have lost today’s post!
    ‘ My First Paella’ cook school started at 11am. ( there might be two of these posts so I take absolutely no responsibility for content!
    We had arrived early and had already looked around at the lovely produce. We were meet by two of the chiefs and the other 16 people.
    We had a quick look at what needed to be purchased then off to the cook school for starters and sangria before prep started in earnest. The chief said it wasn’t a healthy meal, that’s why they only eat it in Sunday’s for lunch.
    Three paella pans were used, masses of olive oil & salt, along with rabbit, chicken, beans, butter and runner) , rice, saffron, chilli, garlic, paprika, (sweet & smoked; tomato and rosemary. Lots of cooking down at each stage and lots of splattering. For this reason, I don’t think I will be cooking this inside!!!!
    The group of Dutch, Danes and American were great, so it was a very amiable experience. Chiefs very entertaining!
    This was followed by a walk back into the centre of town, some shopping and a trip to the cathedral. Temp 30-35c. Back to the hotel to recover and wait for the free spa that we are booked for at 8pm Not entirely sure what this involves!!!
    Read more