Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Check Out to Check In

    September 28, 2023 in the Netherlands ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    After a group breakfast, it was time to check out of the hotel; knowing there would be no more girls in the windows of Amsterdam. We made our farewells and a promise that we would all meet up again somewhere in the not to distant future. Jayne and I headed off to the airport 🚕 whilst the Viking Cruisers head off to the Viking ship 🚢 and off down the River Rhine through Germany 🇩🇪 to Switzerland 🇨🇭 Arriving in good time at the airport we queued to check in our bagand then joined the slow and time consuming queue through passport control and security. After a drink and a bite to eat, we made our way to the departure gate where our aircraft ✈️ was waiting to take us home.
    Some 5 hours after checking in for our flight home, we had cleared passport control, claimed our luggage 🧳, and after a short taxi ride, we were checking in to our hotel (a poxy Moxy) .......... at Schipol Airport. Our aeroplane wasn't going anywhere, and so Easy Jet put us up in a hotel for the night with refreshment all free of charge. Our hotel was very basic, thankfully it was for only one night and the room did start to look a little better as we started decorating it by hanging our clothes up on the metal framework attached to the wall. We also discovered that Easy Jet had my age wrong as our evening meal was a pizza 🍕 followed by ice cream 🍦 accompanied by a soft drink 🧃. I am 66, not 6, I argued!!!
    Read more