Satellite
  • Day 92

    Out and about

    September 3, 2018 in Cambodia ⋅ 🌧 81 °F

    The Hash was terrific, despite a monsoon rolling in on us. We were soaked but laughing the whole time. Afterwards, we went to a restaurant. The Khmer ladies ordered for the table and the food turned out good, but raw, black, and fishy.

    The raw shrimp platter consisted of a super spicy chili sauce with bitter gourd and garlic. Interesting, but waaaay too hot for me. The black chicken was frind and tasty...when you could find meat. The chickens here are the skinniest birds I have ever seen. I actually thought it was bat since they leave the feet on and it was literally pitch black. Not blackened, just black. The ladies assured the table that it was chicken, but even it wasn't, it tasted like chicken. The main course was a beautifully presented fish, which was very tasty. Even with drinks, the bill for seven people was only $42. Awesome!

    I woke up around 4 am this morning, but around 7 I got back to sleep for a couple of hours. I'm out getting another mani/pedi, this time no paint. My nails grow so fast that the paint only looks good for about a week. I don't want to go that often, so no paint.

    When I finish here, I'm off to Lone Star Saloon for their "famous" beef brisket and fried okra. Yummy!!! This evening, I'm going on a river cruise on the Mekong with some of the hashers. It's a charity event for a school with an open bar and buffet on the boat. Everyone wins!

    So long [for now] and thanks for all the fish. ✌️

    P.S.: Again, wearing a hash shirt pays off. The guy running Lone Star is a hasher by the shortened name of Dooly. He started in the Solomon Islands. Yay! Oh, and the brisket is good, but not even close to Mom's!
    Read more