Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Koh Lipe Day 4

    April 24, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    Another wonderful day in Lipe, although today we had our first fail. We booked a boat to go swimming and snorkelling around the outer islands, however just as we were about to leave the weather turned over cast and windy. Rescheduling was not an option, so we headed out hoping for the best. The best was not what we got. It was so choppy and the swell was huge, making the boat ride out what I would charitably call an experience. The long boat was getting thrown around and the swell at times was bigger than the boat. Most people don’t wear life jackets when cruising in the longboats, but today I sure as shit was. We were sold on a low tide excursion, when we got out the tide was in fact high. So after 3 stops, we pulled the pin and got the guy to take us home - another terrifying ride.

    All was not lost, when we got back to shore the sun came out and it was beautiful again, we got some lovely views of Lipe on the way back in. Two cocktails later and we were back in business swimming and snorkeling around the resort area.

    Dinner was at Elephant. Beach bars and then back to our local Corner Bar.
    Turned out to be a great day despite the rocky start.
    Read more