Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 227

    Quilotoa Loop-Black Sheep to Horse Farm

    April 2, 2023 in Ecuador ⋅ 🌧 55 °F

    Kyla hiked from Inslivi to Chugchilan while Talia and I road horses. After the ride, Talia and I grabbed a taxi to Chugchilan, where we met Kyla and stayed at the Black Sheep Inn.

    Talia loved staying at the very top of a triple layer bunk bed, and, of course, we both loved the horseback riding. Our host at the first hacienda asked if we could get him 4 wheels of aged cheese while in Chugchilan, so we took a 4 hour round trip ride up to a cheese “factory” in a tiny village up at the top of a mountain. “Factory” is a strong word for the two-room one-man cheese operation, but we accomplished our goal and got cheese to bring back to the horse farm.

    While we rode to the cheese factory, Kyla hiked to Quilotoa lake. She’ll do a separate post about her adventures. We all met back up at the horse farm where we spent our first night. We delivered the cheese and had a great dinner with other visitors.

    Kyla had to work the following day, so Talia did another riding lessons. After three days of riding, I could not get myself on another horse (and I may never walk right again), so Talia did this lesson on her own.

    When kyla wrapped up her workday, we headed to hot springs at Papallacta. See the next post for details on that.
    Read more