Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Day 19- Last Day

    August 31, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 77 °F

    On a whim we looked at a house for sale in Frigiliana today. It was too good to be true- the noise from the motorway was ridiculous!

    We are enjoying the weather and ambiance here. We stomped around Nerja after our Covid tests (needed for travel tomorrow) discovering an English book store in the process. We also stumbled across a temporary glass exhibit in the art museum. Curt and Marilyn are planning to visit Nerja in January, we’re excited to show them around!

    We couldn’t leave without one last swim in the sea this afternoon. Fortunately we avoided the “medusas” (jellyfish) that several folks were shouting about while we were there.

    Beaches here would surprise the average American, 30% of the women are topless and thongs are still popular with the under 30’s. In general, Spain is very open to nudity https://english.elpais.com/spain/life/2021-08-3…

    We celebrated our last night here with Long Island Iced Teas at a local watering hole and then an incredible meal at No. 20 in La Herradura. Paul got a tour of the restaurant from the owner; Covid hit start-ups so hard! The food and service were excellent! We will definitely be back!
    Read more