Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Canada

    August 26, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    I'm going to write about these four days I've had in Canada in one blog post... let's do this!

    When we crossed the border we had to show our passports, declare all of our items etc. etc. When we finally got off the customs bridge we booked it to the home/business/resort? of my 3rd cousins. It was so cool! There was this huge lake with a rocky surrounding, a beach, a pier with a diving board and a zip line across the lake, a rope swing into the lake, multiple pool toys and two big inflatables which you could climb onto floating in the water. It was a beautiful spot. The first day we spent resting. The second, we spent playing with our cousins Kyler and Tristan while the adults organized an extended family get together. I stayed in the RV for most of the night, you know, being the social butterfly I am. Day 3 we spent going around the neighborhood visiting every Tom, Bill and Harry in town. We got to see little piglets and a baby calf being born. That cow screeched! On day #4 we hit the road. Bye 3rd cousins! Nice meeting you!

    After a couple hours on the road, we ended up in Niagara where we looked at these waterfalls, you might not have heard of them, they're pretty unknown, not like it is one of the seven wonders of the world or anything... They were so beautiful up the top but then we wanted to have a look down the bottom. We decided to go on a boat which took us right down to the bottom of the Canadian Horseshoe Falls, we got SOAKED! Even with the souvenir ponchos they gave us. There were so many things we didn't do though, zip line to the falls, aero cart over the falls, walking alongside the class 6 rapids... we got thirsty after the boat ride and went to the Hershey store and the Coca-Cola (coke) store to get a coke and a milkshake. Then we went back to the RV, past the Hard Rock Cafe, past the Rainforest Cafe, past the Guinness World Record Museum, on the bus and back.
    Read more