Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Darien Lake

    August 28, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    After crossing over into New York (the state) we went to this amusement park called Darien Lake. When we heard where we were going (it was a surprise), we were buzzing with thoughts, 'why is the big surprise a lake?' was the big one. As you've already read, it wasn't a lake... it was an amusement park with a lake INSIDE it. We spent a day and a bit there and enjoyed nearly every second of it (except about a minute). The first ride we went on was a chair-o-plane followed by a spinner called the scrambler. We did a ferrous wheel and a log-flume-sort-of-ride which just took us up and down with a big splash! When you exited the ride, you crossed a bridge and could get splashed by the next riders. After that, we went back to the RV, being our wet selves, and got into our togs for the water park. It took us a while to find it (the park was that big)... and to wait in lines... so the only rides we did were as follows: the tornado (a vertical-funnel sort of ride), mister twister (an enclosed tube ride with mini-tornadoes) and the lazy river.

    We went back into the roller coaster park late at night in anticipation of the ignite the night event they had on. We only got to go on one roller coaster before returning to the grassy area for the show. Predator. The Predator. I get scared thinking about it. Not ONLY did we do it at night, but it was near closing so I feel like they sped it up a bit. It was cool and all... but the back of the seat kept hitting my back, it hurt too. Outside, once we finished, we noticed a sign... 'do not ride if you have any back injuries' along with many others, ride once per year is it? We hurried back to the grass for, the best, lazer show I have ever seen! Lazers shone through the air, onto the screen and into our hearts. They had fireworks, fire, fire running across water, songs and lots and lots of applause. I hope there's a video on YouTube about it because I want to live that night all OVER again (except the Predator part). The best parts were this Pokémon part with the first theme song and lazer Pokémon and this one song (I forgot) had smoke coming up and a holographic dancer on display.

    This morning we got up, packed up, and did a quick amusement park run. We went on the scrambler and chair-o-plane again, mum, Ryan and Jared went on the drop tower called blast off. We did a ring toss in pursuit of a giant soft owl. Failed. We did a chair-o-plane like thing where you go up and down as well as round and round, after gift-shopping of course. Then... we went on the Viper, a really cool roller coaster which has definitely vanquished my fear of going upside down in a roller coaster. It was a nice smooth steel coaster. It had 3 loops, a corkscrew and an underground part which WOULD'VE been nice, if everyone didn't scream in the tunnel (I guarantee it wasn't because they were scared...).

    Thank you Mark for suggesting to come here. ON TO COLUMBUS!
    Read more