Satellite
Show on map
  • Mui & the Phoenix Cruiser Are Home

    December 17, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 34 °F

    He could have made it home from Florida in four days. But the snowstorm that came through Colorado over the weekend made the roads coming into the state — from any direction — way too slick. Even though Mui had picked up chains for the rig, it was safer for him to stay an extra night in Amarillo, Texas.

    This turned out to be a good decision as I-25N was clear all the way up when he began the final haul home this morning. Mui came to the house first to show off our Phoenix Cruiser to mom and Aylin ... and to me for that matter. Then I followed him to the storage lot where we put our baby motorhome to rest.

    Not sure when we'll get to take a real ride in our new rig. I was thinking we could drive partway up the Pikes Peak Highway to one of the reservoirs for a picnic. It turns out, however, that we're considered too long for that road. (Not really as there are tour vans longer than our 27-feet and 10-inch length that go up to the peak all the time.) I'll put on my thinking cap and see if I can come up with an alternate idea. In the meantime, the motorhome is snug as a bug ... and winterized against the cold temps of a Colorado winter.
    Read more