Satellite
Show on map
  • A Short Outing to Palmer Lake

    January 25, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 45 °F

    We’ve been wanting to take the Phoenix Cruiser out since Mui brought our new motor home to Colorado. Wanting to give mom a ride in the rig, we got it out of storage today and went for a drive. The outing had a dual purpose ... to grant mom’s wish for a picnic lunch.

    Palmer Lake is off of Hwy 105 ... about 30 minutes or so north of Colorado Springs. We knew we could find a place to park the rig there this time of the year ... and there were picnic tables for an al fresco meal. What we didn’t count on was the ice fishermen ... they had the parking lot filled. No matter, we just drove around to the other side of the lake and had the whole place to ourselves.

    The sky was blue ... the sun was shining. Perfect for an al fresco meal. Except for the on-and-off breeze from the north, which made it just a tad too uncomfortable to sit outside for any length of time. No matter ... we opened the slide and had our picnic lunch inside the Cruiser. The egg salad sandwiches didn’t care that they were being eaten indoors instead of outdoors.

    Despite the wind, we did manage to take a walk most of the way around the lake. A bit of fresh air exercise to wrap up our outing in the Phoenix Cruiser.
    Read more