Uydu
Haritada göster
  • We've Got Sat TV

    3 Ağustos 2020, Amerika Birleşik Devletleri ⋅ ⛅ 70 °F

    We all have things that we like to do to relax. Mui likes to watch TV before going to bed. He says it's his "sleeping pill." True enough ... he more often than not falls asleep in front of the TV. He also likes to catch the news to stay apprised of the goings-on around the world. Add to this the need to be aware of weather conditions wherever we happen to be.

    When we're out camping, we can sometimes get TV off the air via the rooftop antenna. Or if the data signal is strong, we can stream online. More often than not — as has been the case on a number of our camping trips this year — due to our locale, neither is an option.

    Enter the Winegard G2 satellite TV antenna. It's a portable antenna, but Mui wanted to have it permanently installed. When he was on the Cruiser's roof to work on the solar panels a few weeks ago, he pulled the cable for the satellite TV connection as well. Then, once the antenna and the bits and pieces arrived, it was easy enough to finish up the installation.

    Today, Mui brought the Cruiser to the stix and brix, and a tech from DirecTV came to connect a DVR satellite receiver to the sat antenna. Voilà! We have satellite TV. Mui's a happy camper.

    So far, everything is working as expected ... in an urban setting. We'll get to test it out fully on our next camping trip when we head out to a state park.
    Okumaya devam et