Satellite
Show on map
  • Day162

    Riviera Final Pmt ✔︎

    August 6, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 82 °F

    A few days ago, we got a notice from O extending our final payment due date for the November Atlantic & Amber Gems cruise to 24 September.

    We decided not to wait until then. I made the payment today. It's a small payment and is risk-free. Under O's COVID-19 Traveler's Assurance Program, we technically have until two days before the cruise to cancel for 100% FCC.

    By making the full payment now, we're thinking we might actually get a 125% FCC instead of just our deposit back should O cancel the cruise before the new final payment date. That would be a good return on our small investment ... and we can apply it to one of the other bookings we already have on the books.
    Read more