Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Phoenix Cruiser Staying Home

    24 Agustus 2020, Amerika Serikat ⋅ ⛅ 86 °F

    Wasn't it just four days ago that I was still saying that we'd be driving the Cruiser down to Houston to catch our flight to Turkey? In fact, didn't I just buy tickets to return us to Houston so we could drive the Cruiser back home? "Yes," to both of those questions. But things have changed now.

    This morning, looking at the nearly 1,100-miles it would take to get us to Houston from Colorado Springs, we started re-thinking our plans. Four or five campground stays in each direction ... no time to dally along the way ... the possibility of snow and ice on the roads on the way down to Houston ... the wear and tear on the cruiser ... the expense of storing the Cruiser in Houston for several months. Hmmm! Suddenly the plans and logistics were no longer very appealing.

    When we found non-stop flights from COS to IAH, we started to seriously rethink our plans. That the cost of roundtrip tickets was about half the expense of the Cruiser trip down and back made flying more appealing. That we could book the tickets under United's current change fee waiver sealed the deal.

    We were unable to add the COS-IAH-COS flights to our existing plans, but the UA agent linked all three reservation codes, so for all intents and purposes it seems like we booked one set of tickets. Now to keep our 🤞🏻 that COVID-19 does not throw a wrench into our plans.
    Baca selengkapnya