Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Laundry & SouthDoc

    June 23, 2019 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 48 °F

    Since the rain had picked up by the time we left Ross Castle, we decided to take a break from sightseeing and take care of business, so to speak.

    First, we sought out a launderette to do a load of wash ... the cost of staying in B&Bs on this trip instead of an AirB&B or similar. Since it was Sunday, the regular facilities were closed, but we found a kiosk-style launderette called “Rotation” at the Circle K on Park Street. There were two washers and one dryer. It took a bit of time, but we now have enough clean clothes to tide us over until we arrive in Dublin on 5 July to embark our cruise ... with a bit of hand washing of smalls along the way.

    Next, we headed to a pharmacy to pick up some eye drops for Mui’s conjunctivitis. Alas, the pharmacist said she needed a prescription before the drops could be dispensed. Luckily, there was a SouthDoc facility nearby.

    SouthDoc is an “out-of-hours family doctor service.” Thirty-minutes and a fee of €60 later, Mui had in his hands not only a prescription for the drops, but also one for antibiotics and a nasal spray. He’ll fill the second prescription if his sinusitis gets worse.
    Read more