Satellite
Show on map
  • And the Prep Continues

    April 10, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 57 °F

    In the week or so since I last wrote, the prep work for our AK road trip has been ongoing. We've been busy bees ... though in different ways.

    My time has been spent reading — the Milepost, blogs, and more — and taking copious notes on this and that ... things that might be of interest to us. My Todoist app has a whole slew of things to look into or do ... and the list is growing in leaps and bounds.

    We've jiggled a few plans ... added a short side trip that will put us on the Alaska Marine Ferry ... looked into a few off-the-beaten-path destinations. I'll leave the details as a surprise. The overall plan is still essentially barebones to keep us as fluid as possible.

    Mui has been giving the RV and toad the once-over. He's changed the battery and air filter on both vehicles and ordered a few things he'd like to have handy for on-the-road handyman work. He also did a bit of spring cleaning to get rid of the winter grime.

    We've removed from both vehicles things we don't want to take with us on this trip ... to make room for things that we do want to take with us. Some of the necessities have been reloaded into the RV. The de-winterizing, however, won't happen until a few days before our scheduled departure. We do live in Colorado after all and hard freezes are still a very real possibility.

    And thus ... the "preparation beat" goes on!
    Read more