Uydu
  • Gün 9

    Wrapping Up COS to TAC

    11 Mayıs 2021, Amerika Birleşik Devletleri ⋅ 🌙 61 °F

    The Uber that picked us up from the Tote Maritime office at the Port of Tacoma dropped us off at the Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport. It wasn’t even 11:00a when we walked into the lobby ... well before the 3:00p check-in time. No worries ... I’d already received a notification that our room had been assigned and was ready for us!

    We’re in a room overlooking the Park n’ Fly, but that’s not a bad thing as beyond the lot is Mount Rainier ... out in its full majesty ... if a little hazy! The room is categorized as a studio suite. Plenty spacious, with all the amenities one might need for an overnight stay.

    We thought about taking the light rail into Seattle for lunch, but decided the 50 minutes each way was more time than we wanted to spend riding public transportation.

    So, we dined at the Reflections Bar & Grill on the premises. Tables properly social-distanced ... not that it really mattered since we were the only ones there except for one other diner at the other end of the room. Excellent food ... halibut fish & chips for Mui; avocado caprese sandwich for me; triple chocolate mousse cake to share. All very yummy.

    (Mui said that the Asian chicken salad he had for dinner was also good ... and so was the Margherita pizza he brought back to the room for me.)

    We spent the afternoon relaxing ... and working on the return trip back home. That’s not until August, so why work on the logistics now? Well, I doubt I’ll have time to do so in Alaska ... we’ll be too busy exploring and having fun. Also, we decided to jiggle our plans a bit and take a different route back. This new route will allow us to see friends both here in Washington before we leave the area as well as in Colorado before the final leg home ... that’s a good thing.

    Our flight tomorrow is not until 11:45a ... so no early wake up call for us!
    Okumaya devam et