Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 86

    We Have Colorado Wheels

    July 27, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 70 °F

    We were up early, so we had a quick breakfast at the hotel and hopped on the 8:30a shuttle back to SEA.

    Another flight? No, we needed to pick up our rental car … booked through Priceline with a discounted rate from AutoSlash, a web search engine. Seriously good luck since car rentals are a highly-prized expensive commodity this summer.

    Turns out that it would have been faster to just take a taxi or Uber instead of the hotel shuttle since we had to then take a shuttle from the airport to the rental car facility. Note to self … do more research next time to verify the cars are at the airport instead of at a facility requiring further transportation.

    We had to laugh when we got to our Hertz Rental … the Chevy Spark had a Colorado license plate. How’s that for a coincidence?

    By 9:30a, we were on I-5, which we switched to instead of I-405 when Google added a 30-minute delay on that route. Once we got on I-90E and cleared the city, the traffic flow improved greatly … even more so when we got on US97.

    Our destination, you ask! Leavenworth in the Cascade Mountains.
    Read more